[syslog-ng]file() syntax

Nicholas Berry nberry@ragingwire.com
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 16:18:47 -0700

Just for background info, I compiled syslog-ng v1.5.9 under Solaris 8.

I would like to make a statement similar to this:
	log { file("/var/log/$host/$year/$month"); };
to write the log to "/var/log/ns01/2001/10".  I know this is possible by
several filters, but that would be a ton of filters (especially since
this will be breaking up at least 20 hosts).

I've read over the online documentation and the man page for
syslog-ng.conf and the closest I've seen to what I'm looking for is the
file( ) macros.  Can someone provide examples of using the macros or
point me to online documentation outlining this?

Nicholas Berry			RagingWire Telecommunications, Inc.
Systems Engineer		2710 Gateway Oaks-South, Suite 300
nberry@ragingwire.com		Sacramento, CA 95833
http://www.ragingwire.com	Tel: 916.286.4048 Fax: 916.921.4048