[syslog-ng]syslog-ng DNS

Matt Mariscal matt@utelfla.com
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 09:43:52 -0500

Hello,

I have a question concerning the use_dns option. Is this a global option
only, or is there some way to change this per source or destination? I am
currently running v 1.4.14 on a Solaris box with multiple logical
interfaces. Each logical interface is defined as a separate source within
syslog-ng. I would like to enable DNS resolution for specific sources only
but it does not appear as though this is possible. It appears as though my
alternatives are to either globally enable DNS (not feasible) or run a
separate instance of syslog-ng with DNS enabled. Any ideas?

Matt Mariscal