[syslog-ng]Slow capturing syslog

Nate Campi nate@campin.net
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 10:24:48 -0800

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 08:32:58PM -0800, Chee Chew wrote:
> I tested with kiwi syslog generator and I found either syslog-ng or syslogd
> is putting the log into file destination very slow at fastest exactly 10sec
> per log. At the rest of the log is queue in buffer. If syslog-ng were to run
> in environment that has log input with consistently 1 log per second, this
> will not work even we set the buffer large. Also not real time.
>
> I believe this is something to do with the synchronisation of SOCK_STREAM
> socket because I am using linux. Do you know how to fine tune this.

I've captured around 2 million messages in the last 3 days on a linux
loghost, so I don't think Linux is your problem.

Post your config here, especially whether you're using DNS or not and we
can help out.
--
Nate Campi        http://www.campin.net        GnuPG key: 0xC17AEF79
Key fingerprint = BF12 722F 8799 E614 33CC  FAB7 5A90 C464 C17A EF79

Microsoft Vaccine 2000 is configuring your immune system. This may
take a few minutes. If your body stops responding for a long time and
there is no brain activity please die. Setup will continue after you
are reborn.