[syslog-ng]syslog-ng and Cisco boxes

Allen Bettilyon allen@about-inc.com
Fri, 02 Nov 2001 14:15:35 -0700

Brian,

I am logging all of my cisco equipment without a problem.  I am running syslog-ng on a linux machine.

My config has the following line to accept from all network hosts:

source net { udp(ip(0.0.0.0) port(514)); };

You might find that forcing the cisco box to a particular facility will be helpfull.  For example:

logging facility local3

-- Allen