[syslog-ng]issues using NOT in an filter.

Matthew Schumacher matt.s@aptalaska.net
Fri, 02 Nov 2001 07:58:30 -0900

Hello all,

I can't seem to figure this out.  I want to log level(info) and
facility(authpriv) to my messages file, but I don't want to see
facility(local4).  Now some of the facility(local4) messages are
level(info) but I still don't want them.

Anyway, I was trying something like this and it doesn't work:

filter f_messages { (level(info) or
                     facility(authpriv))
                     not facility(local4);
};

I tried using () to clean it up and that doesn't work.  In all of the
combinations I tried it simply will not parse the config file with NOT
in the filter unless I put an and in front of it like this: "and not"

Anyone have a sec to help me out with this?

Thanks,

schu