[syslog-ng]Running Syslog-ng chrooted

Kaladis kaladis@gmx.de
Wed, 30 May 2001 17:52:00 +0200

Dear Mailinglistpeoples,

First of all I'd appreciate it if you could cc all replies to kaladis@gmx.de
since I'm not a member of this mailing list.

I am trying to run syslog-ng chrooted - to be accurate, from
/usr/jail/syslog. I created /usr/sbin/syslog-ng, created all directories and
so on, copied the needed libraries etc. Syslog-ng is starting quite fine
within that chrooted environment as user syslog group syslog. However it is
not logging anything. I guess that it must have to do with /dev/log since
that isn't accesiable out of that environment anymore. Now I'm asking myself
how I could have /dev/log under /usr/jail/syslog/dev/log or what else the
problem could be.

Thanks for your help

- Kaladis

---