[syslog-ng]sending alerts to phones

MagerValp MagerValp@cling.gu.se
Tue, 29 May 2001 17:33:25 +0200

>>>>> "f" == foob  <foob@return0.net> writes:

f> Maybe a bit off topic - but the syslog-ng feature to pipe logs to
f> programs got me thinking: does anyone know of a provider or service
f> that will allow me to send mobile SMS messages from the command
f> line? I like the idea of getting alerts if, say, login fails for
f> root and other such naughtyness :)

For what it's worth, I saw an ad in SysAdmin Magazine[0] a while back
for an SMS service targeted at sysadmins. Don't remember any details
though, and I can't seem to find it either... But keep looking, it's
out there.
  As for syslog-ng, you'd just need a small wrapper program and the
pipe directive.

[0] http://www.sysadminmag.com/

--
  _|___|_   +   .  +     .     +         .   .  Per Olofsson, konstnär