[syslog-ng]-u and -g switches on syslog-ng 1.5.6

Tommi Virtanen tv@debian.org
15 May 2001 21:22:36 +0300

MURVAI-BUZOGANY Laszlo <Laszlo.MURVAI-BUZOGANY@gt-systems.hu> writes:

> I tried to run my newly-compiled syslog-ng-1.5.6 with different user and
> group values than usually (root). As trying it, got segfault several times,
> so after a short time I discovered some silly coding in src/main.c. In order
> to make it work, only _really_ simple changes have to be made, I also made a
> diff-file of the release and my (working) source. I attach it.

	Just wanted to point out that if anyone used my original patch,
        it doesn't contain that bug.

--
tv@{{hq.yok.utu,havoc,gaeshido}.fi,{debian,wanderer}.org,stonesoft.com}
unix, linux, debian, networks, security, | First snow, then silence.