[syslog-ng]Syslog-ng and Linux iptables

Ken Armstrong ken.armstrong3@sympatico.ca
Sun, 13 May 2001 22:53:08 -0400

Hello,

I am having problems getting syslog-ng to work with the iptables logging
facility under linux.

The iptables rules allow logging and it works fine with the standard
klogd/syslogd loggers with RedHat 7.1.  I believe that the default kernel
messeges use kern.warn as the facility.priority.

When I replace syslogd with syslog-ng (and keep using the default klogd) I
no longer receive any of the kernel messages.

I have tried both of the following filter lines

filter f_warn { level(warn); };

and

filter f_kern { facility(kern); };

I can get all of the other looging to work, I am only having problems with
the kernel messages?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks   Ken