[syslog-ng]$DATE Macro Dir Creation

Brian E. Seppanen seppy@chartermi.net
Fri, 11 May 2001 11:16:13 -0400 (EDT)

Can I do the following for a file destination?  If I can why won't it
work?  The documentation leads me to believe it does.  I've done something
similar using the $PRIORITY macro to break out some messages into
diferrent files.  I want messages to log into a date specific directory.

destination messages { file("/var/log/$DATE/messages" create_dirs(yes) dir_perm(0640));};

The global config likewise specifies create_dirs(yes);

Any help greatly appreciated.

Brian Seppanen
Charter Communications				seppy@chartermi.net
Advanced Services Engineer			906-228-4226 ext 23
Therefore, since brevity is the soul of wit and tediousness the limbs and
outward flourishes, I will be brief.  - Polonius