[syslog-ng]Syslog-ng v1.4.11, libol 0.2.21, Slackware Linux 7.1, Not Logging

Jon Todaro entity73@earthlink.net
Sun, 6 May 2001 12:29:05 -0500

I am trying to get syslog-ng running. I am using the stock
syslog-ng.conf.RedHat config file, and syslog-ng starts, but will not
autocreate the files, and it also wont log at all. If I run syslog-ng in -d
mode. This is some of the output it shows me when I telnet in from another
client.

[root@bone:/root] syslog-ng -d
io.c: listening on fd 3
io.c: listening on fd 4
syslog-ng version 1.4.11 starting
io.c: Preparing fd 5 for reading
io.c: Preparing fd 6 for reading
Read EOF on fd 5.
Marking fd 5 for closing.
Closing fd 5.
io.c: Preparing fd 5 for reading
Read EOF on fd 5.
Marking fd 5 for closing.
Closing fd 5.
Read EOF on fd 6.
Marking fd 6 for closing.
Closing fd 6.
io.c: Preparing fd 5 for reading

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Note.. libol was configured with no
./configure options specified. And syslog-ng was configured with
only -sysconf -sbindir -bindir and -prefix specified. And I have moved the
config file all together to make sure it was in the correct place, and when
I did, it would not start.

Help, I have used earlier versions of this daemon before, just fine.
Jon Todaro