[syslog-ng]Solaris8-x86: Missing symbol when linking syslog-ng 1.4.11

Brad Arlt arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Sat, 5 May 2001 13:15:15 -0600

On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 07:22:30PM +0200, Sander wrote:
> getopt1.o -lpthread -ldoor   /usr/local/lib/libol.a -lsocket
> -lnsl -lxnet
> yywrap                              cfg-lex.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
> syslog-ng
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> *** Error code 1
>
> Has anyone had this problem before? What library should this
> symbol be in?
>
> I've compiled it succesfully before on Solaris8-sparc with
> no problems whatsoever.

I have run into this problem with some packages under Solaris7-sparc.  You
need to link in the yacc libraries.  -ll or -ly should do it I believe.

nm -a /usr/lib/*.so |grep yywrap |grep -iv U

should tell you which library you need if -ll or -ly didn't do it for
you.

   __o		Bradley Arlt	  Email: arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca         o__
 _ \<_				    WWW: www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~bdarlt   _>/ _
(_)/(_)  -Eat well, sleep peacefully, drink lots, and ride like hell. (_)\(_)