[syslog-ng]Directory permissions/ownership

John_Delisle@ceridian.ca John_Delisle@ceridian.ca
Thu, 3 May 2001 14:49:25 -0500

I've been waiting for such a feature for quite a while!! I know it would be
very useful here, we want some logs owned by nobody for use with our httpd.

Thanks!

John Delisle
Corporate Technology
Ceridian Canada Ltd
204-975-5909

|--------+-------------------------------->
|        |          Chris Sibbitt         |
|        |          <CSibbitt@jetnet.ca>  |
|        |          Sent by:              |
|        |          syslog-ng-admin@lists.|
|        |          balabit.hu            |
|        |                                |
|        |                                |
|        |          2001/05/03 09:40 AM   |
|        |          Please respond to     |
|        |          syslog-ng             |
|        |                                |
|--------+-------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                           |
  |       To:     "'syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu'" <syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu>                                 |
  |       cc:                                                                                                 |
  |       Subject:     [syslog-ng]Directory permissions/ownership                                             |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

 After much  frustration, I decided to simply add a umask(000) to the
beginning of main() in  order to alleviate troubles I've been having with
the perm() and dir_perm()  configuration directives. One thing, though,
that I think is needed in the  config that doesn't currently exist is
dir_user() and dir_group() directives to  control the ownership of created
directories. Would anyone else find this  useful?

Chris Sibbitt
JetNet Internetworking Services Inc.

Providing Secure Internet Communications

Phone    613-271-6220x228
FAX      613-271-6229
Email   csibbitt@jetnet.ca
Web     www.jetnet.ca

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are considered
confidential and are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed (intended).
This communication is subject to agent/client privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient (received in error) or
the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the
intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of this is e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this e-mail in error please notify the
sender immediately.