[syslog-ng]UDP from syslog to syslog-ng

Brian E. Seppanen seppy@chartermi.net
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:28:38 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Balazs Scheidler wrote:

> > Anyone seen this?  This is very frustrating.   Anyone have any ideas on
> > what I may have done wrong?
>
> can you strace syslog-ng to check what it's doing?

It had entirely nothing to do with syslog-ng.  I was interpreting the
netstat output as indicating messages were coming from that host, which
wasn't the case at all after doing:
#tcpdump port 514

all of the messages were coming in from the routers and none from that
host.

The fault lay with the syslog.conf for solaris. Why I don't know, but I've
magically fixed what the man page stated should have worked by working my
mojo.  If your unfamiliar with the term mojo, let me just say I have no
idea why it didn't work before.

Thanks.

Brian Seppanen
Charter Communications
Regional Data Center				906-228-4226 ext 23
Marquette, MI					seppy@chartermi.net