[syslog-ng]Syslog Chaining doesn't work as expected

Hamilton, Andrew Mr RAYTHEON 5 SIG CMD HamiltonA@hq.5sigcmd.army.mil
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 13:58:24 +0100

keep_hostname(yes) and use_fqdn(yes) actually does make sense.  I use these
options together and it makes a difference.  If I have keep_hostname(yes)
and use_fqdn(no), I get messages with such names as gw1, gw2, gw3.  I have
14 gw1 hosts in my area of control so needless to say that is not very
revealing.  If I use keep_hostname(yes) and use_fqdn(yes), I get names like
gw1.mydomain.com, and gw1.otherdomain.com.  It does make a difference.  You
certainly don't want to use chain_hostnames(yes) and keep_hostname(yes)
those, I believe, are mutually exclusive.

Regards,
Drew