[syslog-ng]Syslog tunneling

Dennis dennis@bos.nl
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:25:52 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_020D_01C0B2C2.DA86F0D0

I'm trying to setup a secure way of remote logging by means of =
tunneling.
I'm running syslog-ng so I'm able to do remote logging
over tcp instead of udp. But the setup is as usual 1 loghost and several
others sending all logs to the port the syslog-ng is listening on on the
loghost..I was wondering..is it possible to use stunnel somehow to =
secure
the log packets travelling the hostile internet to the loghost?
It would mean that there have to be more tunnels from different hosts
towards de one logging...
Running out of knowledge and before wasting valuable time, i would like =
to know if there are people who have set up a secure logging facility in =
the
past for syslog-ng?

Dennis,

------=_NextPart_000_020D_01C0B2C2.DA86F0D0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>I'm trying to setup a secure way of =
remote=20
logging by means of tunneling.<BR>I'm running syslog-ng&nbsp;so I'm able =
to do=20
remote logging<BR>over tcp instead of udp. But the setup is as usual 1 =
loghost=20
and several<BR>others sending all logs to the port the syslog-ng is =
listening on=20
on the<BR>loghost..I was wondering..is it possible to use stunnel =
somehow to=20
secure<BR>the log packets travelling the hostile internet to the =
loghost?<BR>It=20
would mean that there have to be more tunnels from different =
hosts<BR>towards de=20
one logging...<BR>Running out of knowledge and before wasting valuable =
time, i=20
would like to know if there are people who have set up a secure logging =
facility=20
in the<BR>past for syslog-ng?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dennis,</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_020D_01C0B2C2.DA86F0D0--