[syslog-ng]HP-UX logging solved (I think...)

Stefan Nilsson stefan.nilsson@dewire.com
Mon, 05 Mar 2001 17:42:51 +0100

Hi,

Finally I've managed to remove those strange extra lines from my
logfiles:

It turned out that /dev/log always gets 4096 bytes written to it,
regardless of the length of the log entry - so I changed the MAX_LINE
macro in read_line.h(libol) to 4096.

I Also made a change to sources.c in the while (eol) loop in the
function 'do_read_line'; after the call to do_handle_line I added the
following lines:

closure->pos = 0;
return ST_OK | ST_GOON;

This means that we will only log the first log-entry in the buffer, I
think thats ok because the rest of the buffer seems to contain plain
rubbish.

Oh, I almost forgot; I'm using gcc on a HP-UX 11.00 system, libol
0.2.21,  syslog-ng 1.4.4

Regards
/stefan