[syslog-ng]filter syslog

Gregor Binder gbinder@sysfive.com
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 15:09:12 +0100

pierrick le fol on Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 03:01:24PM +0100:

Hi,

I am assuming you are trying to filter by source host, right?

> I seek a person who could help me in the filtering of event syslog.
> I wish filter the messages by address IP. If you have information
> or competences in this field, I am taking.

This is very easy with syslog-ng, just use a destination like this on
your log server:

destination d_host { file ("/var/log/$HOST.log"); };

and syslog-ng will log messages in seperate logs for each hostname or
address it is getting messages from.

Regards,
  Gregor.

--
Gregor Binder  <gregor.binder@sysfive.com>  http://sysfive.com/~gbinder/
sysfive.com GmbH               UNIX. Networking. Security. Applications.