[syslog-ng]Access Control List on AIX system

Kai Wang kwang@ucalgary.ca
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:41:10 -0600

I have been using syslog-ng 1.4.11 for several months. I found the "kill
-HUP" command doesn't change an existing log file mode, which means not
only the mode and ownership haven't been changed but also the Access
Control List(acl) hasn't been changed.

I just downloaded and run syslog-ng 1.5.7. I found a big change of this.
When you do "kill -HUP", the log files' mode and ownership have been
reset and the acl has been disabled. Mode and ownership are not a
problem. But I really want to keep the old acl or allow me to reset it
like the file mode and ownership.

Kai