[syslog-ng]destination { program(); } failures...

David Douthitt ssrat@mailbag.com
Tue, 05 Jun 2001 11:01:05 -0500

I've been trying to use:

destination { program("/usr/bin/notify"); };

...and it doesn't work.  No error messages.  No log messages.  No
nothing at all.

Then I had a flash, and tried checking my hypothesis against the
documentation - nothing there.  Then I tried checking my hypothesis in
the example *.conf files - nothing there.  Then I tried it in
practice:

destination { program(/usr/bin/notify); };

This works better, but only seems to work when it starts up, but not
thereafter.  /usr/bin/notify is a /bin/sh script.

Does this just not work in v1.4.10??  It's getting rather frustrating.

I'm running in Red Hat Linux 6.2 without all the bells and whistles
(like X).  I'd *REALLY* like to get this to work - it's one of the big
draws to syslog-ng for me.