[syslog-ng]sending alerts to phones

foob@return0.net foob@return0.net
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 14:03:44 +0000 (GMT)

My search has ended.  btinternet in the UK have a web form
to send sms messages.  You have to be registered with bt.
(which i was).
Its two simple web forms, so scripting it in perl was fairly
trivial.
And syslog-ng's program destination pipes messages straight
to the perl script.
Seems to work nicely ;)

If any1 in the uk wants a copy of the script i'll mail it out.

Shame syslog-ng holds the program open all the time, rather than
just exec'ing it when neeed...
alas beggars/choosers ;)

- foob