[syslog-ng]Source and destination items

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:09:09 +0200

> > > "door",KW_DOOR
> > > "remote_control",KW_REMCTRL
> > >
> > > are they supposed to do something or are just garbage ?
> >

> > door is an option to streams sources used on Solaris 2.6 and later.
> > remote_control is a new feature in 1.5.8 which can be used to reopen files
> > during runtime without having the reinitialize your whole configuration.
> >
> > --
> > Bazsi
>
> Can you explain this a little further ? I'm going to write an italian
> syslog-ng howto and i'd like to put all options, like undocumented one like
> door and remote_control. thx.

remote_control is a destination driver, and as such you can direct messages
to it (from sources, and possibly filter it using filters).

if a message goes to remote_control, and its message part should contain a
filename, if that given file is opened by syslog-ng it's first closed, and
opened again. Thus you can reopen files without fully reinitializing
syslog-ng by sending it a -HUP signal.

I think door is documented, it is used with streams sources under Solaris.