[syslog-ng]some basic questions syslog-ng

Ravi Malghan rmalghan@yahoo.com
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 12:58:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi I have few basic questions about syslog-ng. If
somebody can give me answers or give me some pointers.
I am using syslog-ng to log syslog messages from a
client to server and a firewall between them.
1. How is the sysloging TCP instead of UDP? Is this
something the syslog-ng needs to be configured.
2. The client which initiates the syslog logging, is
this normal syslog client? or do I need to install
syslog-ng there too?
3.When it uses TCP, which port does it use? Does the
user have control over the port number?

Thanks in advance
Ravi