[syslog-ng]syslog-ng.conf

Nijs, Daniel NijsD@telergy.net
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:13:02 -0400

This is what I had in mind, but I am not sure what the performance overhead
will be when I have many rules of this type where I want the data in a
seperate file.  For now it will do the job, but hopefully this (a directive
to stop processing the rules any further) could be an option added to the
filter statement in a future release.  Thanks for the help.

Best regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Hamilton, Andrew Mr RAYTHEON 5 SIG CMD
[mailto:HamiltonA@hq.5sigcmd.army.mil]
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 6:13 AM
To: 'syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu'
Cc: Nijs, Daniel
Subject: RE: [syslog-ng]syslog-ng.conf

Dan,

It's true that syslog-ng continues to log after a match was found and this
is a necessary function of the software.  It logs as long as a match is
found.  Your best bet on filtering out the things you don't want in the log
by using the boolean operators in you filters:

filter f_host_ip { facility(daemon) and not host("10.10.10.10"); };

Something of this nature and then add your host in a filter:

filter f_myhost { facility(daemon) and host("10.10.10.10"); };

Like that.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Drew