[syslog-ng]Trying to send log over network

Hamilton, Andrew Mr RAYTHEON 5 SIG CMD HamiltonA@hq.5sigcmd.army.mil
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:17:44 +0100

1. No syslog-ng runs as its own daemon.  Works much better this way.
2. If the answer to 1 was yes it would make a difference.  But since it
isn't then no.
3. Could you post a sample of your config file?  That might be helpful.
Also could you post part of your strace results?  That would at least give
us info on where to look for your problem.

Random thoughts...do you have some sort of port monitor that could be
blocking your default ports?  I have seen that before.

Regards.
Drew