[syslog-ng]Trying to send log over network

Simeon Johnston simeonuj@eetc.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:25:30 -0600

I used strace although I didn't get much out of it.  I have never used it before.
I think that it is not being allowed to initiate a connection or it is trying but
is not allowed to connect to the logserver so it stops.  I have a few more
questions.
1. Does syslog-ng need an entry in the inetd/xinetd configuration?  I didn't see
anything about it in the manual.
2. Would this disallow any information from getting through if there wasn't an
entry?
3. Any other thoughts?

Any help would be appreciated.

sim