[syslog-ng]problems with file template directive

Nathan Rawling nrawling@firedrake.net
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 14:15:40 -0500 (EST)

I'm attempted to use the template() option to specify the file format for
a file destination, and I keep getting the error:

parse error at 12

...which isn't too helpful.

Here is my syslog-ng.conf file:

> log { source(src); destination(all); };
>
> source src {
>         udp();
>         tcp();
>         sun-streams("/dev/log" door("/etc/.syslog_door"));
>         internal();
> };
>
> destination all {
>         file("/var/log/template" template("$FACILITY $PRIORITY $ISODATE $FULLHOST $PROGRAM $MESSAGE"));
>         file("/var/log/messages");
>         };

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I tried looking at the source code to figure out what was wrong, but I
don't have any experience with yacc.

Also, it would be useful if the template() directive could be used with
the program() or pipe() destinations for what I'm working on. Perhaps I'll
try and dig through the code to see how hard it would be to add that.

Thanks in advance!

Nathan