[syslog-ng]Possible overflow?

Nicholas Berry nberry@ragingwire.com
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 09:19:54 -0800

I too get high ASCII characters, but on a regular basis across multiple systems.  I have about 20 hosts  logging to two syslog-ng systems.  I see this anywhere from a Foundry routers, to Solaris 8, and Lucent Maxes:
..smf-jumpstart A<A0><E1>$<30>Dec  1..
..smf-modem-01 ^B^D^E<B4><134>ASCEND: slot 2..
..smf-dist-01 ^B^D^E<B4><14>smf-dist-01, Interface...

Thanks,
Nicholas Berry
Systems Engineer
RagingWire Telecommunications, Inc.
2710 Gateway Oaks Dr., Suite 300 South
Sacramento, CA 95833
Phone: 916.286.4048
Fax: 916.921.4148
E-mail: nberry@ragingwire.com
www.ragingwire.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Kaehn [mailto:tk@westend.com]
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 3:04 AM
To: syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Subject: [syslog-ng]Possible overflow?

Hi,

in some logs I discovered an ascii character with the
value 181 instead of a newline:
... D4-RIPE|<181>Dec 20 19:02 ...

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this error. But maybe it's
a known error? It occured when logging whole mails to syslog.
Does anyone know a possible cause?

Ciao,
Thomas
--
Thomas Kähn          WESTEND GmbH - Aachen und Dueren     Tel 0241/701333-0
tk@westend.com     Internet & Security for Professionals    Fax 0241/911879