[syslog-ng]syslog-ng and irix

gkuchta@astro.umn.edu gkuchta@astro.umn.edu
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 14:54:46 -0600

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

I was wondering if syslog-ng does, or at any point will, support taking
logs from non syslog-ng daemons.  I've poked around the documentation
and the mailing list, but I didn't see this mentioned anywhere.  Our
department has a few old irix machines that graduate students run
Fortran code on, and we'd like to forward logs from these machines to
our new syslog-ng server.  I played with the idea for about 30minutes
earlier today, but couldn't get anything going.  Is this possible? =20
Will it be?

Much thanks,

Garrett

--=20
Garrett Kuchta [gkuchta[at]astro.umn.edu]
Assistant System Manager
Dept. of Astronomy
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
http://www.astro.umn.edu/~gkuchta