[syslog-ng]secure remote logging

Nate Campi nate@campin.net
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 18:56:12 -0800

begin  Waldemar Brodkorb quotation of Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 01:15:40AM +0100:
> Hi *,
>
> is there a possibility to do $subject?
> Somebody said encryption is integrated in 1.5.13, but I can't
> figure it out. Nothing about this in the manpage or in the html
> documentation.
>
> syslog-ng works quite well, but I want to secure the network
> communication between the instances a little bit.
>
> Is there a solution with ssh tunnel described anywhere?

If all you're after is encrypted traffic, forward the traffic over a
stunnel connection. The examples included with it are all you need.

www.stunnel.org

P.S. Tunneling over SSH doesn't work that well, since you need an actual
account on both ends for it, and it doesn't automatically reconnect when
the connection is disrupted.
--
Nate Campi        http://www.campin.net        GnuPG key: 0xC17AEF79
Key fingerprint = BF12 722F 8799 E614 33CC  FAB7 5A90 C464 C17A EF79

"Don't let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
                                              -- Asimov, "Foundation"