[syslog-ng]More information on time_reopen, continuous reconnects, and syslog-ng1.4.10 - 1.4.12.

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:14:42 +0200

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 10:38:10PM +0000, matthew.copeland@honeywell.com wrote:

> Well, I have spent some more time trying to narrow down the problem with
> the client not reconnecting to the server more than once.  When I tried it
> at home though, low and behold it worked.  After much investigation, I
> have found that if I run the client off of Red Hat 6.2, it doesn't work,
> but if I run the client off Red Hat 7.1, it does work.  So, the question
> obviously becomes, why?  We have different kernels, libraries, and
> compilers.  Anyone care to hazard a guess?  I am using the latest and
> greatest versions of syslog-ng and libol now for all of my testing.

To be honest I have no clues. I'm working on a Debian potato (kernel 2.2.19,
glibc 2.1.3) But this bug showed up sometimes previously as well.