[syslog-ng]syslog-ng 1.5.9

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 15:22:49 +0200

Hi,

I managed to make some free time to hack a bit on syslog-ng. The results are
available at http://www.balabit.hu/~bazsi/syslog-ng-1.5.9.tar.gz . I
published this release there, because I didn't have too much time to test
it now, and it changes a couple of things.

I verified each new functionality at least once, and it seems to work, but
it doesn't warrant anything of course. The summary of changes:

* finalized the new log processing, and log statement flags (the one instead
  of the kludgy DEFAULT filter) This changes configuration file format from
  1.5.8, which changed it from 1.5.7. This one should be final.
* updated the documentation to include reference information on nearly
  everything (even about the new log flags). If anything is missing, please
  let me know. I know its English is still not the best, proofreaders
  welcome.

I'd be grateful, if some of you could test this release.

ps: the lost messages feature is not yet implemented, it's the next on the
top of my todo list.

ps/2: the .tar.gz is not signed. I sign this mail, so it assigns at least
some trust to the file as well. (since I'm announcing it), paranoids are
directed to the diffs between 1.5.8 and 1.5.9 :)