[syslog-ng]log rotation

Brad Arlt arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:07:15 -0600

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 10:59:46AM -0500, Joseph K Gainey wrote:

> syslog-ng allows me to to complex filtering and logging, because
> of this I get several different log files instead of one huge
> monolithic syslog.  Is there anyway to have syslog-ng automatically
> rotate the logs base on size and/or time?

I am fairly certain size isn't an option, but you can use filename macros
to automatically "roll" the logs based on date.

If size is a big deal you could just use find.
   __o		Bradley Arlt	  Email: arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca         o__
 _ \<_				    WWW: www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~bdarlt   _>/ _
(_)/(_)  -Eat well, sleep peacefully, drink lots, and ride like hell. (_)\(_)