[syslog-ng]time_reopen, continuous reconnects, and syslog-ng 1.4.10 - 1.4.12.

matthew.copeland@honeywell.com matthew.copeland@honeywell.com
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:44:56 +0000 (UTC)

I have been using syslog-ng 1.4.10 for some stuff at work for a while.
Now that we actually have our remote system up and running over
frame-relay, our remote logging has got real important.  I have set the
time_reopen option in my options field to 30 seconds, and I think that it
tries to connect in 30 seconds when there is a network failue, but it
doesn't continue to try reconnecting, or at least if it does connect, it
won't spit any more data to the server until I HUP the client syslog-ng
process.  Is there another option for making syslog continue trying to
reconnect?  If not, do I just need to modify the io_callout stuff to make
it do so, or do I have to play something else?  Is this just a bug or is
the current behavior the expected behavior?

I just don't like the idea of having to login to 250 systems just to HUP
the syslog-ng process.  Even if I can script it.

Matthew M. Copeland