[syslog-ng]Adding new facilities

Hamilton, Andrew Mr RAYTHEON 5 SIG CMD HamiltonA@hq.5sigcmd.army.mil
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 07:56:19 +0200

Brad,

you are correct.  It is basically an integer define.

regards,
Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Arlt [mailto:arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 6:57 PM
To: syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Subject: [syslog-ng]Adding new facilities

Hello...

I am compiling syslog-ng 1.4.12 for Solaris 8, and noticed the IRIX
factilities of LOG_AUDIT and LOG_LFMT are not mentioned anywhere in
syslog-names.c.  Also the facilities of LOG_NTP, LOG_SECURITY, and
LOG_CONSOLE from BSD are not mentioned anywhere.

I have in the past (and will in this build) manually defined
LOG_AUTHPRIV and LOG_FTP for receiving messages from our Linux/BSD
machines (AUTHPRIV and FTP are a Linux and BSD thing).

If I understand the source code correctly the names are only used to
translate configuration file strings to number (e.g. "auth" ->
(4<<3)).  If I am right, this should mean I can add the above
facilities without any problems.

Can anyone tell me if this sounds right?

I am going to give it a try anyway, but I wanted to see if anyone
thought I was crazy, or if there was a better way to do this.