[syslog-ng]Syslog messages are getting combined...

Steffen Voigt svoigt@foni.net
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 20:02:17 +0200

Hi Joshua,

I installed the lastest version of syslog-ng on our central loghost last days.
I have the same problem. Our firewall logs get meshed with the Catalyst Logs
etc.
Well... I havent figured out the error yet, but I think there may be a problem
when u use same filters for different sources (What we do.. cos the Cisco IOS
Msg'es are all the same :-)
We do a first a hostcheck [ host("hostname") ] and then a contentcheck [
match("<cisco-msg'es>") ].
If this all doesnt match the stuff goes into the DEFAULT log file.

Gotta investigate it tomorrow :)

Bye