[syslog-ng]1.4.11 fixes SIGHUP problems?

David Douthitt ssrat@mailbag.com
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:58:31 -0500

Balazs Scheidler wrote:

> You could tell me a clue _where_ I could write this message? syslog-ng is
> running in the background with no stderr or stdout. It has nothing to write
> to except for its logfiles.
>
> As I see Apache has a configtest mode which is ran prior to sending a signal
> to the daemon, and although this can be done with syslog-ng as well, the
> configuration can be broken even if it's syntactically correct.

Doesn't Squid (or something) come with a testcfg program or similar
that checks and verifies its configuration file?  Perhaps syslog-ng
could benefit from a separate syntax checker / lint program for the
configuration file?