[syslog-ng]Solaris 7 TCP Destination Error syslog-ng 1.4.11

David C Niemi niemi@tuxers.net
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 10:22:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 09:34:25AM -0400, David C Niemi wrote:
> > I am trying to forward logs to another box from a Solaris 7 (SPARC)
> > machine.  The error I get is puzzling:
> >
> > sinetva99{SUPERUSER:25}/tmp# syslog-ng -d -f syslog-remote.conf
> > io.c: Preparing fd 3 for reading
> > io.c: connecting using fd 4
> > Error creating AF_INET socket (Operation now in progress)
> > Error initializing configuration, exiting.
>
> This is an old libol problem. Which libol version are you using.

It looks like it was 0.2.20.  And I was mistaken, it looks like this was
syslog-ng 1.4.9a, not 1.4.11 (and stringsing the binary makes it look like
it is only v1.4.4, which casts doubt on it even being libol 0.2.20).

Looks like I need to rebuild this myself!

David C. Niemi  (Reston, Virginia, USA)  niemi@tuxers.net
Know the difference between the color of the wine and the
color of the glass.  (Jalaluddin Rumi)