[syslog-ng]SQL support with syslog

offset offset@privacyx.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:46:11 -0500

I am trying to come up with a centralized syslog solution and I wanted
to hear from other people that have a centralized solution in place.

I was thinking about using syslog-ng running on the collection server
but I'm not sure how to go about doing the real-time alerting and
long-term storage for possible forensics use.

I've heard good things about logsurfer, so I was going to explore using
this tool http://www.cert.dfn.de/eng/logsurf/

How do I go about gathering syslog data directly into a SQL database in
real-time (or near real-time) such as Postgresql, or mysql?

Thanks,