[syslog-ng]chain_hostname(yes) complicates use of $HOST variable

John A. Parker jap54@cornell.edu
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 06:52:52 -0400

--=====================_499734871==_.ALT

Bazsi,

I wasn't, but grabbed and installed the bison package and rebuilt and
installed the syslog-ng package this morning. I get the same error. Before
we spend a lot of time on this though, how will messages look different
using keep_hostnames vs chain_hostnames? Will using keep_hostnames get rid
of the logging problem I first reported due to src, Message, and last being
prepended to the messages?

 > src@aaaa
 > Message/aaaa.bbbb.cornell.edu
 > last/aaaa.bbbb.cornell.edu

> > On our AIX server, I'm getting a "Parse error reading configuration file,
> > exiting." when I use the keep_hostnames option. This does not happen on
> our
> > Solaris instance.
>
>Are you using GNU bison to generate the configuration parser?

---

John A. Parker        Senior Programmer/Analyst - AIX      Cornell University
jap54@cornell.edu   607-255-9356  607-255-8521 (Fax)