[syslog-ng]more bugs?

John A. Parker jap54@cornell.edu
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:58:03 -0400

--=====================_179831394==_.ALT

I'm having the same problem detailed by Lawrence with my central AIX
syslog-ng server dying when anything happens to a client Sun instance of
syslog-ng. In the referenced posting, you mention syslog-ng.1.4.6 and
libol.0.2.19 for this problem, but I don't see that version on the
http://www.balabit.hu/products/syslog-ng/ page. Should I be looking
elsewhere for these packages?

Thanks!

 > The only problem Ive come across (running syslog-ng on 6 servers logging
using > tcp to a remote machine). Is that when I kill syslog-ng on my
free-bsd machine > the remote machines syslog-ng also dies(linux machine).
Not that annoying > though only happens if there is a power cut or I reboot..

  try the latest syslog-ng 1.4.6 with libol 0.2.19

---

John A. Parker        Senior Programmer/Analyst - AIX      Cornell University
jap54@cornell.edu   607-255-9356  607-255-8521 (Fax)