[syslog-ng]syslog-ng dying on hup - solved

Hirling Endre endre@dawn.elte.hu
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:45:44 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 nija@magicaldesk.com wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I solved the the problem and I thought I would share the solution
> with everyone.  The problem was that by logging using $program,
> occasionally a $program was blank.
> Syslog-ng would then try to write the entry to the log file.  And
> since $program was blank, the log file was the current directory!  I
> simply added to the filter 'goodprograms' and all was solved.

I use $PROGRAM.log as the logfile name so it would be '.log' which is
a valid filename. Yet syslog-ng dies on hangup for me. This can be a
solution to one problem, but not to the 'dies on hangup' problem in
general. :(

-m-