[syslog-ng]/var/adm/messages

Russell Street Russell.Street@clear.co.nz
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:24:50 +1300

You need to add the syslog door to the source list.

I use this source on the 5.6 systems

source local {
        sun-streams("/dev/log" door("/etc/.syslog_door") );
        internal();
        udp(ip(0.0.0.0) port(514) );
};

and this one on 5.8 systems

source local {
        sun-streams("/dev/log" door("/var/run/syslog_door") );
        internal();
        udp();
};

The cluster messages go to the local0 facility by default.    The switch
over messages come out as local0.err.

It is a really good idea to replicate the cluster messages to a local file
and to the console.   If you have a public network failure and the cluster
reconfigures the messages will be lost.

Russell