[syslog-ng]syslog-ng and Solaris

dwarf@solarisresources.com dwarf@solarisresources.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:35:44 -0600 (MDT)

Hi There,

  I've managed to compile up syslog-ng on a Solaris 8 box and have a few questions I hope you can answer:

1.  I assume that I can kill the script that starts Solaris Syslogd with no ill effects?

2.  Can I set a startup script that runs syslog-ng as a daemon process.

3.  I've got most of the options setup the way that I want them but can't seem to figure out how to setup one or two machines as syslog servers and a few dozen machines to forward all syslog messages to both of the syslog servers.

If you could pass along info on the above, that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
alan