[syslog-ng]syslog-ng vs (of all things) Win2k + IIS

matthew.copeland@honeywell.com matthew.copeland@honeywell.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:41:26 -0500 (CDT)

> > What are the implications of changing max_connections to 300 in afinet.c
> > in the routine make_afinet_source?  I am wanting this to be able to be
> > used by 300 (or maybe a little more) computers for remote logging.
>
> Worst case is that each of your 300 source connections has data in it,
> maximum 20 messages, so you should increase your log_fifo_size to
> 6000. the memory usage of this should be around 6000*200*1.5 (with 200 bytes
> average log message and 50% overhead) that's 2megs of memory per
> destination.

I tried changing the max_connections in afinet.c from 10 to 11, and it
will no longer compile when I do this.  It seems to throw errors from
make_class saying that there is no file or directory.  If I change it back
to 10, it will still not compile.  (It compiles before the change to
11.) No other changes from the standard 1.4.7.   Any thoughts?

Matthew M. Copeland