[syslog-ng]syslog-ng 1.4.7 TCP reconnect

Scott McDermott mcdermot@questra.com
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 17:05:00 -0400

matthew.copeland@honeywell.com on Mon  9/10 15:37 -0500:
> I am noticing that if I kill of the server and restart using remote
> syslog-ng, that the client syslog-ng doesn't reconnect when I send a
> message.  How long does it take before the client syslog will
> recognize that the server syslog-ng is there again?  (or does it not
> reconnect?)  Second question, what happens to the logged messages in
> the in the time when the client can't talk to the server?

The client does reconnect...but I'm not sure about messages in the
interim.  I know that I will continue to receive messages afterwards,
though.  Whether a few were dropped, I don't know, but I doubt it (if
you are using TCP).