[syslog-ng]syslog-ng vs (of all things) Win2k + IIS

matthew.copeland@honeywell.com matthew.copeland@honeywell.com
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 08:34:45 -0500 (CDT)

That would be great.  The big thing they seem to be harping on is that
using TCP over udp in the syslog will make it much slower, since we have
to use TCP for the transmissions.

	I am assuming that someone here will know this.  When you use tcp
logging for remote syslog-ng, does it keep the tcp connection open, or
does it initiate a new connection each time a message is posted?

Matthew M. Copeland