[syslog-ng]secure remote logging...

Frank Nijenhuis fnijen@wnet.bos.nl
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:15:18 +0100 (CET)

I need a way of secure remote logging for an part of our network connected
to internet, I know the most secure way would be first of add another
interface to all hosts and connect them to a private network with the
loghost, but that's not possible right now.
Is there anyone here who has set up some sort of encrypted log network
with multiple hosts logging to one logserver?
I was looking at stunnel, tunnel through ssl and using the tcp log
function of syslog-ng.
Can anyone here confirm that this is a setup which should work ?
(stunnel works with ssl and can be found at www.stunnel.org).
Any comments on a secure setup would be more than welcome!

Frank Nijenhuis