[Fwd: RE: [syslog-ng]Odd problem]

Hamilton, Andrew Mr. HamiltonA@hq.5sigcmd.army.mil
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:34:16 +0100

Sometimes I lose messages.  Usually our analysts get things rerouted fairly
swiftly so for the most part I don't lose too much, but in a network as
large as ours it is impossible to get every message anyway.  We usually have
multiple routes to most of our regions.  I realize that in life sometimes
there are things that you can't do anything about.  This is one of them.
There are way too many devices for me to keep track of EVERY message from
ALL of them.  I do my best to get what they send and that is all I can do.
syslog-ng is considerably better at helping me do that than syslogd.

Regards
Drew