[syslog-ng]Odd problem

Hamilton, Andrew Mr. HamiltonA@hq.5sigcmd.army.mil
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 12:31:40 +0100

Actually yes.  I use syslog-ng to log from about 1500 sources.  Most of it
is not real intense, but I get around 5 gigabytes per day.  I use every
facility.  Some of the facilities are used for more than one program.  Which
before syslog-ng wasn't possible to do. The granularity I get from syslog-ng
is considerably better than syslogd and my life is much simpler for it.
Because of our security processes the logging from the routers used to go
three places, our security people, our sysadmins, and our management tools.
The router was sending every message three times.   Now they go to our
central system and the logs that need to go to the security people are
forwarded to them and the same with our management tools, with the correct
host name.  And the traffic is much less over the WAN.  Which was the goal
of the exercise.  I would say for us that syslog-ng has been very
successful.

Thanks